Sunday, August 30, 2020

Series: Setting the Scene for Year-Round Enjoyment. Part Two: Outdoor Furniture Finds

Hello Friends!

I hope this post finds you in good spirits!  Today, I hope you will join me as I discuss my adventures in outdoor furniture shopping.


I started updating the space in my backyard and I initially began with looking for the perfect dining set.  You can read more about that here.


Although I loved the little bench I put in the area, it still looked a bit barren, so I decided I wanted something more substantial for the seating area.


When I began the process of choosing my outdoor seating, I knew I wanted something comfortable and modern, with clean lines and not too avant-garde.  

I considered quite a few ideas before finally settling.  Here are a few examples of the type of aesthetic I was interested in:


I really like the idea of this outdoor cabana from Horchow.  Doesn’t it look relaxing??  Calgon, take me away, lol.   See it here.




Über-modern, sleek, and I love it!!  From the Mika Collection by Rove.


Love the color palette of this collection from Wayfair.  You can view it here.


The clean lines of the Grid collection from Gloster are sublime.  Shop here.



Of course, when shopping online, one can get sucked into a vortex, and down the rabbit hole you tumble.  This statement is especially true for someone with design ADD like me, lol. Even though I really wanted a modern aesthetic, I also came across some fancies I could not ignore. A few whimsical options:


I just adore, adore this butterfly chair from Horchow.  Such a perfect garden chair!   View it here.




I love the color palette of this fun design by Mackenzie-Childs.   Fresh blue and white has always been a favorite of mine!  It is from the Indigo Villa Collection, available here from Horchow.



Speaking of fun, how adorbs is this snail garden table, also from Mackenzie-Childs??  See it at Horchow here.



In the end, I settled on this set from Living Spaces.  It is from their Pompeii collection. You can see it here.  








Here it is in the space.  I love the subtle grey tone of the wood, the clean lines, and the coordinating soft dove grey upholstery!  




I also added a small portable fire pit for those cooler Autumn evenings.  Fun!




I almost couldn't wait to christen the little guy with an official marshmallow roast!!  Please stay well, and until next we meet...



-Y






If you enjoy this post, please visit the archives!  You may also visit my full profile to view my other blogs. Connect with me on my Facebook Page, Parsimonious Décor Darling.   You might like to visit my other blog hubs,  

The Marvelous Maison, a lifestyle blog hub and 
Frugal Fab Fashionista, my fashion blog hub. 

Follow me on Pinterest!!  Please be sure to kindly follow the board guidelines, as it takes time and effort to find fabulous pins across the Internet and Pinterest!  Thank you!  

Thank you for stopping by! ❤





No comments:

Post a Comment