Saturday, August 5, 2017

Set Your Table With Flair--Taking Tea for Afternoon Tea Week

Hello, sweet friends!  Won't you join me in the garden?  A sweet little corner to enjoy the femininity of teatime...just in time to celebrate Afternoon Tea Week, which will commence in the UK this year on August 14th. 


 A bountiful basket of nature's beauty (wink wink)


is the perfect compliment to ultra-feminine pretties.


A topper of pretty pinks and sweet subtle greens begins the setting.


Simple plates of celadon,


pretty china on which roses dance merrily,


followed by delicate saucers


and demitasse cups of intricate detail.  I love the scalloped pattern, and soft gild; so darling!!


Closer look.


The matching chocolate pot plays gracefully


with a delightful hand-painted creamer and sugar with nesting plate and


pretty pink hemstitched serviettes.
 
To add a bit more elegance, each tea serviette is outfitted with pretty petals fresh from my garden.


Such a pretty selection.  There's nothing more charming than that!!

I started each napkin with a stem of Senecio Silver Dust,

followed by a pretty Petunia Surfinia Purple Vein,

a Guara Lindheimeri Gaudi Red (Whirling Butterflies),

and finally, a pink Mexican Petunia (Pink Ruellia Brittoniana)


all tied together with a bit of raffia.


The flowers really compliment and showcase the details of the china!


A rustic antique silver champagne bucket makes for a wonderful smaller centerpiece better suited for guests.


Oh, it's the simple things...

such as dainty pastry forks and teaspoons...


that make my heart sing!

Completed tablescape.

Place setting.



A perfect way to enjoy a wonderful Summer's day, especially during Afternoon Tea Week!

Enjoy the beautiful weather! 

Until next time...



From my collection:

Floral topper, local vintage
Hemstitched tea serviettes, local vintage
Demitasse cups, saucers, and chocolate pot, hand painted Malmaison Rosenthal Bavaria, Alice pattern, local antique shoppe
Hand-painted creamer, sugar, and nesting plate, Lois White's CreARTive Treasures, you may visit the website here, but I found mine via a local antique.
Saucers, Princess House Hammersley for Spode 
Champagne bucket, Pilgrim Silver, P705, antique.
Celadon plates, thrifted


If you are a tea enthusiast like I am, please join me and other lovely bloggers at Bernideen's Tea Time Cottage and Garden for a blog hop in honor of Afternoon Tea Week.  The Celebration will begin on August 16, and we would love to see you there!













If you enjoy this post, please visit the archives!  You may also visit my full profile to view my other blogs. Connect with me on my Facebook Page, Parsimonious Décor Darling.   You might like to visit my other blog hubs,  

The Marvelous Maison, a lifestyle blog hub and 
Frugal Fab Fashionista, my fashion blog hub. 

Follow me on Pinterest!!  Please be sure to kindly follow the board guidelines, as it takes time and effort to find fabulous pins across the Internet and Pinterest!  Thank you!  

Thank you for stopping by! ❤

50 comments:

  1. This is so elegant and feminine -- just love it! I especially like that beautiful bouquet of flowers in the silver wine bucket. Classy!
    Carol ("Mimi") from Home with Mimi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning teascape. Love everything ... from the linens, to the flowers, to the hand painted china. So lucky to be able to have tea outdoors. Way too hot here, but I can dream! Ha! Happy Tea Day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love love love your floral arrangement........and all your pics are gorgeous....
    such a visual delight that brought much enjoyment.
    Lovely
    Blessings,
    Nellie

    ReplyDelete
  4. You've outdone yourself! This is outstanding. The soft pinks and subtle greens strike just the right note. My mother loved celadon and would have loved all your sweet touches, such as your napkin treatment.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stunning post!Everything is wonderful,exquisite and so romantic!"Hors concours"!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your tables are gorgeous and there is so much attention to detail. Everything here looks very delicate and feminine. You've captured the essence of summer in the garden and I love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Sandra!! I am loving seeing your yummy posts on Instagram!

      Delete
  7. Your flowers are gorgeous! Such pretty demitasse cups and saucers, too. I enjoyed reading about the types of flowers you used with the napkins. It's all so perfectly lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my, how pretty. What a lovely pattern. Are they German ? I saw a similar dish and two celadon wavy plates in GW the other day, but since I passed my spending limit, I passed them up. Can't bring all the pretties home.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It's so hard to pass up pretties sometimes, I agree!! I'm not sure the specific pattern to which you are referring, but the demitasse, chocolate pot, and demitasse saucer are all Bavaria, so yes...positively German! ;-) If you were speaking of the creamer and sugar, they are hand-painted by American Artist Lois White. The little white dishes with flowers are Hammersley Spode, which are English. Thank you so much for dropping by, and happy thrifting!

      Delete
  9. BEAUTIFUL! What an amazing tea set....
    Would love you to join us at Reader Tip Tuesday:http://www.jodiefitz.com/2017/08/08/reader-tip-tuesday-food-craft-party/
    The party is up all week & growing. Hoping to see you & your garden tea at the party. Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Swoon, absolutely gorgeous! Fit for the queen!
    Jenna

    ReplyDelete
  11. Stunning and your photos are beautiful!
    Thanks so much for sharing at AMAZE ME MONDAY!
    Blessings,
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you kindly, Cindy, and as always, thank you so much for hosting!!

      Delete
  12. This set is so adorable! Beautiful shape and pattern! I have a similar teapot set without the cups and I love it too. Wish I could find the cups too....Christine

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such a pretty setting for tea- the china is beautiful. You've displayed everything so beautifully. Love the delicate flower arrangement tied with the raffia in the napkin. Just lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love hand painted china...so especially pretty. And vintage linens are lovely! Love your tea place in the garden, lovely and so inviting! Thanks for linking to Tuesday Cuppa Tea
    Ruth

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me Too! Thank you so much for hosting and dropping by, Ruth!

      Delete
  15. Oh my goodness, your china pieces are so gorgeous...I am oohing and ahhing! Your ceterpiece is so elegant and look perfect on your pretty tablecloth.

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is a stunning table. Your china is gorgeous to begin with and works so well with everything else.
    Amalia
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  17. I had no idea that there was an afternoon tea week. Your table is gorgeous and I love the gathering of flowers! Thanks for sharing with SYC.
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, sweet Jann! I hope you are taking it easy dear pal!

      Delete
  18. Good Afternoon Parsimonious Perfection, How perfect that, as I live in England, I have discovered you on 14th August, the beginning of English Tea Week.
    .... and such beautiful china to enjoy a cup of tea. I think I can only repeat what your other friends have written.... your table setting is stunning.
    Such a treat on this raining English afternoon.
    Best Wishes to you.
    Daphne

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello, and welcome, Daphne! Thank you so much for your kind words...I hope you stay dry and are able to curl up with a great cuppa and some good pages! :-)

      Delete
  19. What a love presentation for tea! Everything is exquisite and I can just imagine an afternoon in your garden! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I'm a tried and true tea drinker, and "before children" I used to collect china tea cups. I definitely would have purchased these beauties in my collecting days! Thanks for sharing at Vintage Charm!
    xo Kathleen|Our Hopeful Home

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for popping by, Kathleen, and thank you for hosting!

      Delete
  21. I want to come for tea :)! Thank you for sharing at last week's Reader Tip Tuesday = beautiful! Hope to see you this week...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Jodie! I will be there, but a little tardy due to my dog taking ill.

      Delete
  22. What a beautiful presentation for tea in the garden.This was a lovely tribute to Afternoon Tea Week. Your tea wares are so lovely and the colors so vibrant. The little napkin bouquets are really special. Thank you so much for participating in my blog party, sharing and linking!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Bernideen, and thank you so much for hosting a fun blog hop!

      Delete
  23. Wow, what a beautiful and serene table. Looking at that makes me want to slow down and just create my own little garden spot to enjoy a nice cup of tea.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Your table is the epitome of gracious living. Lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  25. What a pretty tablescape. Love the celadon colour!

    ReplyDelete