Saturday, December 5, 2020

Candied Gingerbread Goodness~A Charming Entry




Hello, friends, I hope you’re doing well!  

Due to the fact that the world as it is right now can seem quite dismal, this year I thought I would create a more whimsical feeling around the house.  The house is decorated with a gingerbread/candyland theme...after all, I need some levity and a bit of cheerful fun!  I’m also taking it easy this year and repeating some décor around the house that I utilized a few years ago, and simply adding a few more elements.


A Charming Entry

If you have been on the blog before, you know that I typically start decorating my house from the front doors inward.  This time for the doors, I combined several elements.  


First, I created a decorative swag for each for each of my double doors.  

I began with a premade swag which has beautiful foliage, apples, berries, pine cones, etcetera.



I added this adorable little gingerbread-shaped basket,




I adorned it with a sweet candy-striped ribbon.




To finish it off, I added a sparkly red ribbon.  



Here is a look at the swags on the doors:  



Left:



Right:




Next, I added a wintery garland around the door.




The garland looked a little barren, so I decided to add some candy elements around the door.




The giant candy canes came from The 99¢ Store.  The giant lollipops, giant peppermint balls, and giant peppermint sticks are homemade.  If you would like to view the tutorial, you may do so on my blog The Crafting Table here.













I also added some decorative elements to the outdoor lanterns.  I started by adding a simple pine swag.




I added a candy-striped ribbon to the top of the lantern, and also added one of the homemade peppermint sticks.  




The last thing I added were two gingerbread statues.  This boy and girl duo make such a cute couple!!  Such fun.  




Thank you for stopping by, and take care!












If you enjoy this post, please visit the archives!  You may also visit my full profile to view my other blogs. Connect with me on my Facebook Page, Parsimonious Décor Darling.   You might like to visit my other blog hubs,

The Marvelous Maison, a lifestyle blog hub and 
Frugal Fab Fashionista, my fashion blog hub. 

Follow me on Pinterest!!  Please be sure to kindly follow the board guidelines!  Thank you!  

Thank you for stopping by! ❤


































 

No comments:

Post a Comment