Friday, November 26, 2021

Set Your Table With Flair--Thanksgiving Mock-Up Versus the Real Deal


Hello, Friends!!  How was your Thanksgiving this year??  Mine was quite enjoyable because we haven't had a gathering this large in such a looonnng time!!  The preparation for this was extensive, but well worth it!  Unfortunately, it impeded my being able to post ahead of time this year.  I've found that for the time being, it is much easier for me to share posts in real-time or as they have recently occurred.  Kudos and God Bless those wonderful mom and dad bloggers who are able to juggle it all!!  For me, as my children have become older and busier, it has been harder to post.  I do love sharing and writing, reading and visiting, so please don't give up on me yet, lol!!  I hope that even though this post is late, it can serve as inspiration for future gatherings!

When planning for a holiday, how do you set about the task?  In the past when time was more ample, I tended to already have in my mind what I wanted to do weeks in advance.   The past couple of years, I have been prone to setting the table a few days to about a week beforehand and editing the prior day to the event.  This year was no exception.  Today, I will be sharing the table I set prior to company arriving and the edited version I ended up with on Thanksgiving Day.  I hope you enjoy the post!!

I decided I wanted to step out of the box this year and again use the blues and greys that compliment my in-home décor rather than utilizing the typical autumn colors.  The result was a moody, cool and almost refreshing palette of color; a departure from the norm, but certainly a welcome one.   


The Mock-Up

For the mock table, I used a topper of linen in French Grey.  A runner pumpkins in soft greys, oranges, and yellows on a background of teal was laid next.


Garlands of corresponding colored flowers, mini pumpkins, and a ribbon dancing down the length of the runner perfectly complimented the simple green-blue plates and jeweled-green stemware.


 

I love this color!!  The photos don't do it justice...they look green, but the color really is a lovely teal-green that match the dark pumpkins perfectly.  So pretty!


At each setting, a pumpkin and Autumnal floral pick were placed upon the plates.  Some plates had the dark teal pumpkin and some had a glittery lighter green.



Closer look.


Completed mock-up tablescape.


Video of the table.




The Real Deal

On Thanksgiving Day, I found that we were having more guests than anticipated, and therefore, I needed to use other plates because I didn't have enough of the green-blue.  I decided to use my French Blue fleur-de-lis plates, and I also included a dessert plate (who doesn't indulge in a great slice of pie this time of year!?).  To make the setting more "Autumn" rather than Spring which those blue plates would normally be indicative of, I used bronzey-colored chargers.  


 

You'll note that I also pared down the embellishments on the length of the table, omitting the flowers, and instead using the ribbon, pumpkins, and sweet little pinecones here and there. I also used only one simple pumpkin on each plate; this made both much easier to move aside once my guests arrived.  A white damask was used instead of the French linen to accomodate the addition of both leaves in the table.  

Although these photos were taken with my older Ipad rather than the camera as they were with the mock-up table, the irony is these picture really showcase a truer representation of the color pallette.  Again I have to mention how much I love, love the color of this stemware!!




The complete real-deal tablescape.



Which do you prefer?  Do you set mock tables in order to plan for your guests, or do you like to wing it and set things impromptu?

I hope everyone had a blessed, blessed Thanksgiving!!


Until next we meet!


--Y




From my collection:

The Mock Up
Plates and stemware, generic
French linen, Colorbird French Vintage Collection, from Amazon
Runner, Nicole Miller
Glitter pumpkins and flower garland, The 99¢ Store
Autumnal picks, Big Lots

The Real Deal
White damask tablecloth, TJ Maxx/HomeGoods
Chargers and French Blue Fleur-de-lis plates, Tai-Pan Trading
Mini pumpkins at each setting, Target













If you enjoy this post, please visit the archives!  You may also visit my full profile to view my other blogs. Connect with me on my Facebook Page, Parsimonious Décor Darling.   You might like to visit my other blog hubs,

The Marvelous Maison, a lifestyle blog hub and 
Frugal Fab Fashionista, my fashion blog hub. 

Follow me on Pinterest!!  Please be sure to kindly follow the board guidelines!  Thank you!  

Thank you for stopping by! ❤




No comments:

Post a Comment