Sunday, February 6, 2022

Set Your Table With Flair--A Non-Traditional Valentine's Day

Hello, friends!!  Thank you so much for popping in for a visit.



When you celebrate and/or plan a Valentine's Day celebration, do you dream in red




or in pink?





When I went about setting tables for past Valentine's Day celebrations, that certainly was the case.

Most of the tables I have set were very literal interpretations.  An abundance of hearts, red, pink, et cetera were included in the settings.  This Valentine's Day however, I wanted to play up the romance of the evening without being too cliché or kitschy.



For me, a sweet setting,



featuring uncomplicated linen,




beautiful china,



and aromatic florals that are just beginning to wilt contribute to the allure of the evening.  It creates an ambiance that is beguiling (spellbinding, but no hearts or cupid's arrows at this setting!), intimate, and magical.



A shot as the sun began to set...romance is in the air!




A table for two al fresco in the cool of the early-to-mid evening set to candlelight is just right for lovers.









Happy Valentines’ Day!






Until next time,

--Y



From my collection:

White ruffled linen tablecloth, Colorbird French Vintage Collection, from Amazon
Stemware, all, generic
White dinner plates, Ralph Lauren Club Collection
Salad plates, Ralph Lauren Intaglio Collection
Forks, Reed & Barton Silversmiths, 1914 Poppy Collection, antique
Spoons, Fairfield Plate 1913 and Rogers Brothers 1847 A1, both antique




If you enjoy this post, please visit the archives!  You may also visit my full profile to view my other blogs. Connect with me on my Facebook Page, Parsimonious Décor Darling.   You might like to visit my other blog hubs,

The Marvelous Maison, a lifestyle blog hub and 
Frugal Fab Fashionista, my fashion blog hub. 

Follow me on Pinterest!!  Please be sure to kindly follow the board guidelines!  Thank you!  

Thank you for stopping by! ❤

















6 comments: