Saturday, December 23, 2023

Set Your Table With Flair--A Winterberry and Tartan Christmas Tablescape


Merry Christmas and hello!  I hope all of you who care to stop by my blog are well and in good health.

I just wanted to pop in and share my tablescape for this year's festivities.  I do hope you enjoy.

This year, to match the theme and décor of the house, I set a very traditional table.  The theme in the house featured lots of tartan and winter berries.  If you would like to view the complete house tour, you may do so by visiting the post on my blog here.


I wanted the table to be cohesive with the rest of the home, so I was mindful of that as I considered the feeling I wanted the table to emulate.

I began setting this table with a rich green damask.  A glamourous black charger with ornate silver detail was placed next.  A dramatic napkin was placed alongside the charger.



A festive tartan plate sets the scene for a Merry fête.  

The placement of black dessert plates comes next, building a cohesive look on the tabletop.




For bread service, a dainty appetizer plate with a darling holly motif completes the plate stack.


At each setting, I placed a little box filled with a Lindt chocolate and two Ferrero Rocher hazelnut candies.  A perfect take-away treat for guests!


Once closed, each box was tied with a tartan ribbon and adorned with a tiny pine and berry spray.


So sweet!



Closeup of the details.



A tiny coaster in shiny stainless steel works on this table as a saucer


when paired with beautiful ruby red teacups.








A water goblet and elegant flute are placed next for beverages.



The proper accoutrement


along with candlesticks in silver with one white and one dark red taper





complete the table setting.



Completed tablescape.






Place setting.







The floral arrangement matches the theme in the home this year with its bold color palette.



Details.



A few more shots.





















From my family to yours, wishing you a wonderful holiday season and a Happy New Year!


'Til next we meet...


--Y



From my collection:

Green damask topper, Amazon
Dramatic floral napkins, April Cornell Merry Black Collection, purchased via Ebay
Ornate black charger plates, Amazon
Tartan plates, Tommy Bahama, HomeGoods
Black plates, from several years ago, Housewares International, Generic
Appetizer/Bread Holly plates, Robert Stanley Home Collection, Local Antique
Silver Flatware, Wallace Silversmiths Antique Baroque Collection, Horchow/Neiman Marcus
Red teacups, Anchor Hocking Ruby Red, Local Antique
Champagne flutes, Ralph Lauren Aston Collection
Green goblets, Generic
Shorter silver candle holder, Godinger, Local Antique
Tall silver candle holder, Unknown Maker, Local Antique
Stainless steel coasters used as saucers, Local Antique





If you enjoy this post, please visit the archives!  You may also visit my full profile to view my other blogs. Connect with me on my Facebook Page, Parsimonious Décor Darling.   You might like to visit my other blog hubs,

The Marvelous Maison, a lifestyle blog hub and 
Frugal Fab Fashionista, my fashion blog hub. 

Follow me on Pinterest!!  Please be sure to kindly follow the board guidelines!  Thank you!  

Thank you for stopping by! ❤














4 comments:

  1. Your tablescape is beautiful! It's so warm and welcoming.
    Visiting today from Crazy Little Love Birds 19 #25

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your table setting came together so lovely. I love the colors you chose to go with. Thank you for sharing with us at The Crazy Little Love Birds link party #19. :)

    ReplyDelete