Saturday, March 26, 2016

Adding the Final Touches For Easter

Hello, friends!  Thank you for stopping by to say hello for a few minutes today.  I am so glad the kiddos are beginning Spring Break, so we can spend some much-needed time together!  Earlier today, I spent a bit of time putting together the finishing touches for our Easter Sunday celebration.  Just a bit of tweaking here and there...nothing too complicated, will make for a sweet time that is enjoyable and relaxing.  I hope you enjoy the post!


More Flowers For the Entry 
 
I recently shared the tutorial for very simple baskets which I have hung on my front doors.


To make the entry even more welcoming, I added another arrangement indicative of the Spring season.    I began on my little garden pillar.   I added a large urn.  On the urn, I set a large rustic basket.



 I made sure to use a basket with almost the same diameter bottom as the mouth of the urn.
 

 
I have filled the basket with colorful blooms such as lilacs, lilies, daffodils, delphinium, grasses, et cetera...

 
and a sweet little bunny.

 
 
Isn't he cute?


 
To anchor him, I simply used a bamboo skewer.  I pushed the skewer into a tiny hole in the bottom of Mr. Cottontail




 
and placed it into the basket.




 
 
There's nothing like flowers for Easter!!


 
 
Setting The Table With Flair
 
For this year's Easter Tablescape, I am keeping things simple with a beautiful palette of fresh spring color.

 
Fresh white linen, crisp blue,



and soft, springy yellow,

 
makes for an elegant yet low-key setting.


A simple centerpiece of ample flowers in antique English Crockery,


sweet dessert forks,


and silver flatware


completes and compliments the setting.



I hope you are enjoying the beautiful weather and bounty of Spring!


From my collection:

Arrangement 
Urn, TaiPan Trading
Flowers, The Dollar Tree
Concrete bunny, Target
Rustic basket, thrifted 

Tablescape 
Transferware plates, Spode's The Blue Room Collection 
White saucers, Ralph Lauren Whipstitch Collection, Horchow/Neiman Marcus 
Daffodil bowls, exclusive Horchow/Neiman Marcus 
Silver flatware, Wallace Silversmiths Antique Baroque Collection, Horchow/Neiman Marcus 
Crystal goblets, Godinger Dublin Collection, Horchow/Neiman Marcus 
Dessert forks, Spode Italian, HomeGoods 
Large pitcher and basin, Chatham England, local antique 
Blue flutes, generic






If you enjoy this post, please visit the archives!  You may also visit my full profile to view my other blogs. Connect with me on my Facebook Page, Parsimonious Décor Darling.   You might like to visit my other blog hubs,  

The Marvelous Maison, a lifestyle blog hub and 
Frugal Fab Fashionista, my fashion blog hub. 

Follow me on Pinterest!!  Please be sure to kindly follow the board guidelines, as it takes time and effort to find fabulous pins across the Internet and Pinterest!  Thank you!  

Thank you for stopping by! ❤







36 comments:

  1. Beautiful table, especially the blue glasses. Happy Ester.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your table is really lovely. I especially love the centerpiece. The colours are so soft and lovely for Easter and Spring. Thank you for sharing with us and enjoy your week.

    Blessings,
    Sandi

    ReplyDelete
  3. You too, and thank you so much for visiting!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my gosh - your blue and yellow and white tablescape is STUNNING! Just wow.

    How I would love to be a guest at your lovely table!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are welcome anytime, Michele! Thank you so much for popping in.

      Delete
  5. Dear Parsimonious Perfection:
    What a wonderful presentation in your foyer. Your floral turned out stunning and your table setting was fabulous. Thanks for sharing and linking.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your tablescape and arrangements are so beautiful! You make Dollar Tree flowers look like a million bucks and those daffodil bowls from Horchow are gorgeous! The light of spring is a natural accent to any photograph!
    Rita C at Panoply

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very pretty! Great colour combo and your pics are wonderful (pinned!) I have similar bowls but mine are all white - love the yellow inside and the leaves outside on yours.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Lori, and for sharing your beautiful white Easter tablescape...also pinned, ;)

      Delete
  8. What beautiful Easter decor you've shared, along with your lovely tablescape! I love those darling daffodil bowls, along with the blue and white. So pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful! I especially like the daffodil bowls!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Everything is so beautiful. Love the bunnies....Christine

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a beautiful Easter table! How nice that you could be outdoors. I was so wishing we could, but it was not to be. Your centerpiece may be simple, but it is definitely swoon worthy.
    Thanks for sharing all this beauty.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Sarah! I am still enamored with your beautiful MC and Herend collection, really sublime! Thank you for popping by!

      Delete
  12. Hello! Thanks for sharing all of these gorgeous photos with the Thursday Favorite Things Blog Hop . . . your post is an inspiration to your readers! Hope to see you again this coming week at the linky party. Nina @ Vintage Mama's Cottage

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love your beautiful table.....very pretty colors and love your floral arrangement,
    so gorgeous. Hope you had a wonderful Easter.....
    Blessings, Nellie

    ReplyDelete
  14. Loving your front door decor and your table! Those dishes are pure perfection. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Everything is stunning-
    your lovely decor and your elegant tablescape.
    I am a great fan of blue and white and I love it paired with yellow.

    Thank you for sharing this at TOHOT!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'm a sucker for blue and white!

    Thanks for sharing your beautiful table and decor with SYC.

    ReplyDelete
  17. ooops, I wasn't done talking! I hit 'enter" & it closed off my comment???
    Anyway, the inside of your home is just as lovely as the outside. I will keep that trick for anchoring the bunny in mind for next time I want to add something creative to an arrangement. I'll be turning every such purchase upside down to look for a hole before I buy it! LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I empathize, sorry for the late response also...when I first wrote this post, for some reason, I was unable to respond to these comments! Thank you so much for stopping by, and happy shopping!

      Delete
  18. Such beautiful spring touches outside and inside your home! Your Easter table is just lovely, and your centerpiece--oh my! The soft yellow and cream flowers with the blue and white transferware is just stunning. Thanks so much for sharing with us all at Vintage Charm :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Replies
    1. Sorry for the late response...tech issues! Thank you so much for sharing!!

      Delete