Thursday, April 23, 2015

Set Your Table With Flair--A Romantic Mother's Day





Hello, Friends!  Thank you for stopping by today!  Mother's Day is just around the bend, so today I am sharing a tablescape and a few inspirational ideas that I hope you will enjoy!


A Sweet Setting

For this tablescape, I decided outdoors would be best.  There's something so appealing about dining al fresco, especially when the flowers are in bloom.  Just be sure you prepare beforehand to keep the buggers away!  You can read my post about how to deter garden pests in the archives here.

I began this setting with simple hemstitched linen in bright white.
 

A sheer antique curtain scarf with pretty embroidery became the topper.


I love the intricate detail of the embroidery, and also the fact that it has an interesting faded-looking pattern....it lends to its charm.  Aren't old textiles and those that emulate them interesting and lovely?



Red transferware








followed by simple white plates



and rose saucers complete the plate stack.








Crocheted tea towels in beige held by roses in pink and white


were followed by crystal goblets









and gold flatware.



The Romance of Roses
It's no wonder roses are among the most popular or are the most popular flowers chosen for Valentine's Day.  Sweet and fragrant, with beautiful petals; you cannot go wrong.  Last year, I chose tulips for my Mother's Day setting, but for this setting, I chose to combine pink and red roses.  Pink roses signify love, gratitude, and appreciation, while red mean love and romance.  A centerpiece was created by simply laying the beautiful flowers down the length of the table.














A cherub looks on as I set......

 

Little Details
To make mom feel special, there's nothing like something you make yourself.  I personally cherish the little trinkets my children make for me, even more so than something that is found in a store.  Here, I've handmade some pretty candies. 

A depression glass compote,


carefully lined with tissue paper holds the sweets.





There are sweet roses in varying pinks and reds,


vintage-looking cameos,


and darling antique mirrors among others....all lending to the romance of the table's overall atmosphere.


For extra romance, I added a sheer canopy over the table by simply hanging the canopy on a branch in one of the trees.







Completed tablescape.















Place setting.

I hope you have a lovely and wonderful Mother's Day!

From my collection:

White hemstitched cloth, generic, TJ Maxx/HomeGoods
Antique Curtain Scarf, Arandela Victorian Vintage Collection, local thrift
Red transferware, Staffordshire Engravings 17th Century, local antique
White plates, Ralph Lauren Club Collection
Gold flatware, Wallace Grand Duchess Collection, Neiman Marcus/Horchow
Beige crocheted tea towels, Boutross Fine Linens, Neiman Marcus/Horchow
Crystal goblets, Godinger Dublin Collection, Neiman Marcus/Horchow
Pink saucers, Target
Depression glass compote, Indiana Glass Company, Sandwich Pattern, Salvation Army
Rose napkin holders, Pier 1 Imports, local thrift




If you enjoy this post, please visit the archives!  You may also visit my full profile to view my other blogs. Connect with me on my Facebook Page, Parsimonious Décor Darling.   You might like to visit my other blog hubs,

The Marvelous Maison, a lifestyle blog hub and 
Frugal Fab Fashionista, my fashion blog hub. 

Follow me on Pinterest!!  Please be sure to kindly follow the board guidelines, as it takes time and effort to find fabulous pins across the Internet and Pinterest!  Thank you!  

Thank you for stopping by! ❤






28 comments:

  1. Any mother would be honored to sit at such a beautifully elegant table. I love the rose napkin rings.
    Have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is all so beautiful and elegant. I love the canopy over the table. So graceful

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty table!! this should make a Mother feel very special.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Breathtaking! So utterly feminine and gorgeous! Love the way you did the flowers!
    Jenna

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh... What a beautiful tablescape. With each photo is was more beautiful. What lovely touches. The candies are stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So pretty and feminine! Your red transferware is lovely and love this table!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So lovely. I have a compote like that!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Laura....those are so pretty! I love depression glass! :)

      Delete
  8. Hi
    thats a wonderful tablescape. I love the roses and the whole romantic setting. Thank you fo your sweet comment about the Black Watch Tartan. Tartan is really a great design.
    Best greetings, Johanna

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's one of my absolute favorite tartans! Thank you for stopping by! :)

      Delete
  9. Oh my, this is absolutely gorgeous! I love red transferware and have a small collection. The table linens are beautiful and the homemade candies are (almost) too pretty to eat. I love the combination of red and pink! Happy Mother's Day and thanks for sharing with SYC.
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Jann! Have a blessed Mother's Day! ❤❤

      Delete
  10. Congratulations for being featured at "Ivy and Elephants" blog party for your beautiful Mother's Day table setting!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi, just hopping back to let you know that you will featured at SYC this week.
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wish I was your Mother so you can set a table as stunning for my day! Boy o boy, you outdid yourself pretty girl. This one is by far the most gorgeous table for MD's I've ever seen.
    I love how elegant and feminine it is, specially with the ever lovely red transferware, flatware, glasses and flowers... and the canopy....just awesome!

    Big hugs,
    FABBY

    ReplyDelete