The idea behind this award is to introduce readers to new and interesting blogs. It’s a “get-to-know-you” experience. Here is what to do if you’re nominated:
1. Thank the person who nominated you and link to their blog.
2. Give readers 11 random facts about yourself.
3. Answer 11 questions from the blog of the person who nominated you.
5. Nominate 5-11 bloggers for this award.
6. Come up with 11 questions for your nominees.
11 Random Facts About Me:
1. I was a band nerd all the way up until high school. I initially began on the viola when I was very young, but we moved, and the new school didn't offer orchestra. I then switched to the French Horn, could play almost anything in the brass section (first chair kid!); later settling on cornet and trumpet for a few years until high school (when I thought I was too cool for that, lol.....so regretting that now, sighs). I also play piano, but only by ear.
2. I looooove to sing. Even opera.
3. I had an intense fear of heights as a kid, and never rode a roller coaster until I met my husband, and I still seldom ride them.
4. I detest bugs. Insects, arachnids, arthropods.....it doesn't matter. Basically, anything flying or crawling about (other than babies, he-he) gives me the willies. >shivers<
5. I have a huge weakness for ice cream. Seriously, it's a problem. I can't have Häagen Daz almond bars in the house too often, or I'd be in real trouble! ;)
6. I have five wonderful, beautiful children with my husband of 21 years.
7. When I was little, I wrote a comic strip and storybook called Seth the Snake. I was an avid reader of comic strips and comic strip books along with 'actual' books. I read the Sunday comics every weekend, my favorites were: of course, Peanuts by Charles Shultz, Broom Hilda by Russell Myers, Andy Capp by Reginald Smythe, Blondie by Dean Young, The Family Circus by Bill Keane, Marmaduke by Brad Anderson, and Ziggy by Tom Wilson. I owned lots of Garfield by Jim Davis, B.C. by Johnny Hart, as well as Calvin and Hobbes by Bill Watterson. In adulthood, I became a huge fan of The Far Side by Gary Larson, although I haven't read it in years.
8. I speak and understand a bit of both French and Spanish. I took two years of French in high school and two semesters in college. I learned Spanish from working in a pediatric office....however, the more time goes on, the less French I remember, which has been replaced with more and more Spanish.
9. I loved to draw and doodle as a kiddo, not much has changed, save for time~!
10. I never finished my college degree, taking only a few semesters, a decision I sometimes still regret to this day, especially since my mother was in gifted classes, and my sister was accepted with a scholarship to Johns Hopkins. I sometimes wonder how I would have fared.
11. When I was younger, I really wanted to model so I could travel (laughs quite loudly), and even was contacted by Ford Models Miami, before being told I was much too short.
My answers to Joan's questions:
1. Screened porch or deck?
Conservatory, if only I could.....
2. Library or bookstore?
3. Movies or happy hour?
4. Grass or sand?
Sand.....bona fide beach-loving California girl, here!
5. Pizza or tacos?
6. Fiction or non-fiction?
Fiction for books, non-fiction for TV.
7. Sunrise or sunset?
8. Classic rock or classical?
I really can't choose! I love both!!! Who can choose between Tchaikovsky and Chopin or Robert Plant and Stevie Nicks?? It really depends on my mood, I guess.....
9. Coffee, black or white?
White, with as much sugar as humanly possible! :)
10. Neutral colors or bright colors?
11. Flip flops or cowboy boots?
Flip flops.....beach it!
My nominations are:
1. Fabby's Living
2. Mille Fiori Favoriti
3. Look and Love With LoLo
4. Plum Creek Place
5. The Tablescaper
6. The Magic Hutch
7. In the Middle of Nowhere
8. A Delightful Repast
9. Christine's Home and Travel Adventures
10. Katherine's Corner
11. Mr. Goodwill Hunting
Questions to those I've nominated:
1. Song or Dance?
2. Winter or Summer?
3. Ralph Lauren or Oscar de la Renta?
4. Anglophile or Francophile?
5. Royal Staffordshire or Spode?
6. Mr. Big, Aiden, or Aleksandr?
7. Mensa or The Prometheus Society (or neither....too controversial)?
8. French Country or English Country (décor and gardens)?
9. Dogs, Cats, or Horses?
10. Aging naturally or preserving youth with plastic surgery?
11. Reading the book or watching the film?
Thanks for getting to know some new blogs!