Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Set Your Table With Flair--A Rustic Thanksgiving Setting

Hello, and thank you for visiting my blog!

I cannot believe another year has practically flown by and it is again time to plan for annual Thanksgiving festivities!  If your family prefers the simplicity of rustic country charm, I hope you enjoy this post. :)

When I began planning this rustic setting, I considered a very specific color scheme.  Earthy tones indicative of wood like beiges, brown, et cetera, are what I chose to utilize in this theme.

First, I decorated the chairs. I created this simple chair swag adorned with a burlap bow and pinecone.  To view the tutorial, click here.


I chose to leave my table barren of linen, again, because I love the earthiness of its color.  I set brown chargers, stemware, candles, and small goblets first.


Next, I placed my plates.


 I set these small brown saucers next.


Next, I set up a centerpiece. A few years back, I bought this plant hanger.  I love its wicker detail.


I thought it fit perfectly with this theme, so I decided to utilize it as a makeshift cornucopia. I placed it first, and added a large white pumpkin, pinecones, rustic acorn tops, and Indian corn.


Here is a closeup




Finally, I placed these acorn-ornamented place settings.




These were quite simple.  I used scrapbook paper,


folded down to 3" X 3" size.


Folded them in half.



 I then labeled each and threaded the hook of the acorn ornament through the fold of the paper.



All set!







Here is a closeup of the setting. 




From my collection:

Plates, Spode Woodland Birds Collection, Horchow/Neiman Marcus
Small saucers, generic
Small Imported Spanish goblets, antique.
Chargers and stemware, generic
Acorn ornaments, Big Lots



If you enjoy this post, please visit the archives!  You may also visit my full profile to view my other blogs. Connect with me on my Facebook Page, Parsimonious Décor Darling.   You might like to visit my other blog hubs,

The Marvelous Maison, a lifestyle blog hub and 
Frugal Fab Fashionista, my fashion blog hub. 

Follow me on Pinterest!!  Please be sure to kindly follow the board guidelines, as it takes time and effort to find fabulous pins across the Internet and Pinterest!  Thank you!  

Thank you for stopping by! ❤


 

No comments:

Post a Comment