Friday, July 19, 2013

Set Your Table with Flair--Spring Tea

I've always loved the idea of the English high tea. Perhaps it has to do with my love for Lewis Carroll as a child. Nevertheless, here is how I incorporated some adorable finds into a lovely setting for a tea brunch in the garden. Here are a few shots of the table, sans linen. 














Centerpiece.    I chose blooms of soft green and white; these colors epitomize garden for me.








Closeup of the plates.  I just love these butterfly dishes, I think they are darling for springtime!



The setting.



To give an outdoor setting a more rustic feel, you can add unironed linen.  Not ironing the linen provides an antique feel for this setting. 









Close up. 




From my collection:

Butterfly dinnerware from Horchow/Neiman Marcus
Ralph Lauren Glen Plaid barware
Stemware, Generic
Shoe and Handbag cake service, Neiman Marcus 
Tea service, Godinger Hotel Collection, Horchow/Neiman Marcus
Faux Snapdragons and blue apothecary jars used as vases, Tai Pan Trading
Green Faux hydrangeas, Walmart
Peony napkin holders, Bed, Bath and Beyond
Tea Cart, local antique
Bench, hand-built by yours truly ☺


 







If you enjoy this post, please visit the archives!  You may also visit my full profile to view my other blogs. Connect with me on my Facebook Page, Parsimonious Décor Darling.   You might like to visit my other blog hubs,

The Marvelous Maison, a lifestyle blog hub and 
Frugal Fab Fashionista, my fashion blog hub. 

Follow me on Pinterest!!  Please be sure to kindly follow the board guidelines, as it takes time and effort to find fabulous pins across the Internet and Pinterest!  Thank you!  

Thank you for stopping by! ❤

 



4 comments:

  1. Love the butterfly dishes, great job, thanks for sharing. Janice hotpl8zandtablescapes.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your beautiful setting. The dishes the flowers the seating, everything is so lovely. Thanks for sharing such beauty especially on such a chilly, gloomy day.

    ReplyDelete