Thursday, January 8, 2015

Set Your Table With Flair--Mid-Winter Brunch


Hello, Friends!  Thank you so much for stopping by!!

Although warm weather is nowhere in sight, we are slowly trodding towards the end of winter; well, at least for me, it is the end of winter tables.  As it is so nippy inside, it is the perfect time to enjoy heavy (naughty!!) food and hot beverages indoors.  Is it cold in your neck of the woods?  Here in California, this has been one of the coldest winters I can remember, and we have even had a tiny bit of snow in cities approximately fifteen minutes from where I live!!  I so wish we would have had a little, my kiddos would have loved to see snow right outside their door, but we just got torrential rain....boo. 

Today I am sharing a casual tablescape perfect for a mid-winter brunch.  Very continental!  I hope you enjoy the post. 

I began this setting on a table barren of linen.  Stark navy and white placemats were followed by navy chargers.  To complete this casual table, my simple white plates were placed, followed by blue transferware and simple white saucers.


Crisp navy napkins held by modern-style silver completes the stack.


Creamy winter-white coffee mugs alongside tiny pastry accoutrements were placed at the head of each setting, and modern flatware.


A modern tea and coffee service tops the table, in its own silver tray.


To keep the centerpiece simple, topiary trees of preserved boxwood were placed down the middle of the table.






I love the pop of green!!  There is something so refreshing about crisp white, navy, and dark or vibrant green....I love combining those colors!


A footed cake plate with some treats is seated at the other side of the table.  I love little coffee cakes and Italian waffle cookies!  Delish!


Completed Tablescape. 









From my collection:

White and navy placemats, Tai Pan Trading
Navy Chargers, Horchow/Neiman Marcus
Simple white plates and saucers, Ralph Lauren Club Collection
Blue and white transferware, Spode Blue Room
Pastry forks, Spode Blue Italian, HomeGoods
Navy napkins, generic, HomeGoods
Modern tea and coffee service, Godinger Hotel Collection/Horchow & Neiman Marcus
Modern napkin holders, Ikea Spalt
Coffee cups, Ralph Lauren Whipstich Collection, Horchow/Neiman Marcus
Footed cake plate, Ralph Lauren Pavilion
Flatware, Mikasa Zena Satin
Preserved boxwood trees, Tai Pan Trading.  You may read more about my purchase of them in the archives here.



If you enjoy this post, please visit the archives!  You may also visit my full profile to view my other blogs. Connect with me on my Facebook Page, Parsimonious Décor Darling.   You might like to visit my other blog hubs,

The Marvelous Maison, a lifestyle blog hub and 
Frugal Fab Fashionista, my fashion blog hub. 

Follow me on Pinterest!!  Please be sure to kindly follow the board guidelines, as it takes time and effort to find fabulous pins across the Internet and Pinterest!  Thank you!  

Thank you for stopping by! ❤

14 comments:

  1. What a refined looking table, I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey pretty girl, your tablescapes are getting so beautiful, elegant and sophisticated by the minute! I'm in love with this setting, you have paid so much attention to detail, it's gorgeous!
    xo
    FABBY

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely table for brunch! Thanks for all the terrific ideas (and telling us what you used!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Another gorgeous table sweet friend. The blue and white is very refreshing. My favorite is that gorgeous tea set.

    Have a lovely rest of the weekend.

    Janet

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is such a great looking table! I love the topiaries down the center, the simplicity of the rest, and that handsome silver service. Great job! Perfect for brunch!

    xoxox

    Sheila :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful looking table! I like the pop of green in the center of your tablescape and the banquette is gorgeous! Thanks for sharing and for your visit. Happy New Year!

    Blessings,
    Sandi

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the refreshing blues of the napkins and the Spode transferware and the greens of the topiaries that you have used for this lovely brunch table. Blue is my favorite color for winter tables and you have used it to perfection to design this beautiful and sophisticated tablescape. Have a wonderful weekend..... Candy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love blue, too....my fave any time! :)
      I've seen your gorgeous blues, dear lady....love them! Thank you for stopping by! ❤❤

      Delete