Sunday, November 28, 2021

Set Your Table With Flair--A Whimsical Late Autumn Brunch or Tea


Hello, dear friends!!  For my American friends, how did you enjoy the holiday this past week?  Ours was lovely!  We had a bit of extended family over and I prepared a large meal, a throwback to what used to be our tradition pre-pandemic.  It really gives me such joy to cook for family and friends!  

When you have guests, planning a simple brunch day-after or weekend-following a holiday is a relaxing way to enjoy one another's company.  Light and simple fare after the larger eating is a great way to redeem yourself (lol)!  

Today I am sharing a fun setting that is great for a day-after-a-holiday tea, or a brunch anytime in the Autumn.  This is also a perfect setting for the final one of the Fall Season.

If you have been here before, you will know that sometimes I truly adore a masculine aesthetic.  That I am an ardent Anglophile by nature, and thus I love tweeds, houndstooths, and herringbones, preppy plaids, and the classicism of smartly-dressed individuals.  As a homage to all these things I love  obsessions, lol, I am using them as an inspiration today.  I hope you enjoy the post!

The table began with a simple topper of herringbone tweed.  Off-white plates circle the table with a mini pumpkin at each setting.  Adore these patterns!!





Each pumpkin was then joined by a birdie buddy such as this darling fella, each so smartly dressed!!


Aren't they dapper??











So. Stinking. Cute!



A centerpiece was created using a corresponding extra-large chap and a little buddy surrounded by handmade burlap acorns and mini pumpkins.




Hello, friend!


Doesn't he look studious??


A platter of biscuits is just perfect for teatime.


Mugs and matching saucers were placed at each setting.


To serve hot water for brewing a fresh cuppa, a corresponding pitcher is added to a simple creamer and a jaunty teapot (which will be used for coffee in this case), completing the trio.




I just adore, adore, adore Spode Woodlands for Autumn!  It is my favorite pattern, second only to Gien Solonge.  Sigh!!  One day.  You can view this collection here.




A goddess watches over the scene to assure everyone minds their manners.  :)


Antique gold flatware completes the setting, and it's time for tea!



Simple Centerpiece:

If tomfoolery isn't your cup of tea, you may prefer this centerpiece as a gracious alternative.  Plaid and sisal pumpkins combined with darling acorns made of burlap perfectly compliment the natutal Autumnal backdrop.



I can't wait for Christmas, can you??


Until next time, --Y


  


From my Collection:


Plaid pumpkin, Sisal pumpkins, mini pumpkins, jaunty teapot, and smartly dressed chappies, all, Target
Burlap handmade arcorns, found at a local thrift years ago
Off-white plates, Ralph Lauren Whipstitch Collection
Pitcher, mugs and saucers, all, Spode Woodland Collection, TJ Maxx, Marshall's, and HomeGoods
Cake Platter, Spode Woodland Collection, Tuesday Morning
Flatware, Vintage, American Stainless International American Flair Collection Local Antique
Simple creamer, Origin Unknown  









If you enjoy this post, please visit the archives!  You may also visit my full profile to view my other blogs. Connect with me on my Facebook Page, Parsimonious Décor Darling.   You might like to visit my other blog hubs,


The Marvelous Maison, a lifestyle blog hub and 
Frugal Fab Fashionista, my fashion blog hub. 

Thank you for stopping by! ❤




No comments:

Post a Comment