Hello lovely people in the bloggerverse and beyond! How are you faring this extraordinarily hot Summer? We are enduring weeks upon weeks of triple digits here, so it has been quite unrelenting!
Exceedingly hot temperatures make me long for a cool-down, or a reprieve from the excessive heat. The perfect way to achieve this is a refreshing teatime.
Since Afternoon Tea Week commences this week from August 10 through August 16, I wanted to set an atypical tea table that not only exemplifies the summertime, but I wanted to set a table for two perfectly fit for a relaxing reverie waterside. I hope you enjoy the post!
First, I set a couple of beach chaise lounge chairs shoreside. Aren't these fun?!
A small table with simple linen
makes for the perfect foundation for beautiful leaded crystal vase.
I love the detail of this vase, and I especially admire its heft. It is quite heavy!
I filled the vase with a bouquet of fresh-clipped flowers from my garden paired with local grocer roses. My hydrangeas and plumbago showed well this year, I was so glad I could use them to make this arrangement!
The plate stack consists of minty dessert plates with lovely gold gilding, paired with dainty saucers
and simple glass teacups. Gold demitasse/cocktail flatware coordinates quite nicely with the gilding on the plates.
I also added pedestals galore.
A mint teapot on one of the mini pedestal plates sits in wait for pre-steeped pours,
while a gorgeous crystal bowl holds pretty ice orbs to cool the tea.
For a sweet little nosh, I have made some mini-cakes with a decidedly nautical/preppy flair. They are placed on a coordinating pedestal.
Closer look.
To see the recipe for these mini cakes, you may visit the post on Parsimonious Pabulum here.
On the menu for tea is a choice between two tisanes, hibiscus and butterfly pea flower, shown here on another of the mini pedestal plates.
Either of these pair beautifully with the aforementioned ice spheres that I infused with key limes right from my garden (no, these are not pickles...lol). To see how I made these lime-infused ice orbs, please visit the post here.
This pour features the butterfly pea flower.
SO refreshing!
A teeny jar of honey sits at the ready for a sweet addition.
Completed setting. Hello, little friend. :)
I can't think of a better way to spend a Summer afternoon! How do you spend yours?
Very much looking forward to the Fall. Take care until next we meet!
--Y
From my collection:
Topper, Linen, LaHome Flounces, Amazon
Crystal glass vase and bowl, Ralph Lauren Glen Plaid Collection
Mint dessert plates, Ralph Lauren Hamptons Tea Collection
Saucers, Haviland France Marsielle Collection
Glass teacups, generic
Mint blue teapot, Agyuins, Amazon
Blue pedestal plates, generic
Gold demitasse/cocktail flatware, Wallace Silversmiths Antique Baroque Collection
Beach chaise lounge chairs, Neiman Marcus/Horchow
If you enjoy this post, please visit the archives! You may also visit my full profile to view my other blogs. Connect with me on my Facebook Page, Parsimonious Décor Darling. You might like to visit my other blog hubs,
The Marvelous Maison, a lifestyle blog hub and
Frugal Fab Fashionista, my fashion blog hub.
Follow me on Pinterest!! Please be sure to kindly follow the board guidelines! Thank you!
Thank you for stopping by! ❤




























No comments:
Post a Comment