Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Set Your Table with Flair--Whimsical Easter Setting

I'm sure we've all attended holiday gatherings as children. I have distinct memories of being seated at the "kids' table."  Why should the kids' table be the typical sad card table haphazardly set with mismatched chairs and dinnerware?   I love entertaining, so I enjoy having family over; especially for holidays.  I usually set two tables; this is how I set an Easter Holiday table for children.  

When putting together this setting, I think of pastel colors infused with playful place settings.  I began with a lavender colored tablecloth and these flower placemats.  I used two of each color in my set, choosing to omit the lavender, which I think looks washed out against the lavender cloth. 



Next, I placed these adorable polka-dotted plates in opposing colors onto the mats. 


The salad plates, which I placed next, match the placemat. 


Now that there were three colors on each setting, I opted to place whichever color had not been used when I set the bowls. 


When I placed the saucer, I again chose to place on each setting whichever color had not been featured.


I placed the mugs on the saucers, again choosing to match the placemat. I then placed a matching napkin ring and pastel colored napkin. All complete for a fun (not glum) Easter setting!

From my collection:

Polka-Dot Service, Horchow
Flower Placemats, Homegoods 
Napkins and table linen, generic  


If you enjoy this post, please visit the archives!  You may also visit my full profile to view my other blogs. Connect with me on my Facebook Page, Parsimonious Décor Darling.   You might like to visit my other blog hubs,

The Marvelous Maison, a lifestyle blog hub and 
Frugal Fab Fashionista, my fashion blog hub. 

Follow me on Pinterest!!  Please be sure to kindly follow the board guidelines, as it takes time and effort to find fabulous pins across the Internet and Pinterest!  Thank you!  

Thank you for stopping by! ❤


 


2 comments:

  1. The kids should feel very special at your lovely table. Thank you for sharing this at History & Home this week, take care - Dawn @ We Call It Junkin.com

    ReplyDelete