Sunday, November 29, 2020

Quick Entertaining Idea for the Holiday Season, Enjoying the Fruits of My Labor


Happy Sunday, Friends!  Although we have not gathered here with my extended family for a while now, and I didn't cook a huge feast for the Thanksgiving holiday like I typically do (much smaller in scale this year), I still am a voracious foodie at heart, whether entertaining for large gatherings or not.  

A charcuterie board is a perfect crowd pleaser, especially for entertaining guests.  Even though gatherings may be sparse if you are following health officials' guidelines, you may enjoy this super-easy entertaining idea this holiday season.  

At the tail-end of the summertime, my grapevines were abundant with fruit and we had a small get-together with the immediate family to enjoy that bounty. 

Fruits of my labor:



Grapes are still available in the grocery stores, so you can definitely put together an epic charcuterie board using those or simply edit to include other fruits that are still in season.  A charcuterie board full of different types of food offers guests a plethora of choices, and can be enjoyed any time of year!  With Christmas and New Year's soon to be upon us, I thought, why not still share this idea?  

Several weeks ago in this post, I showed you how to make your own large-scale charcuterie board.  These boards are perfect for entertaining year-round!


  

For me, a great charcuterie board is the perfect balance of sweet and savory.  I also like to include something outside the box.  Consider cheeses that are not typical such as those flavored with fruit, or meats that are a little more upscale such as a great aged proscuitto.  Chilled grapes compliment cheese and meat perfectly, but you may also consider berries like strawberries and blueberries which are also still available in stores currently.  

On my board, I also included homemade dolmas (stuffed grape leaves).  This Mediterranean classic is a perfect addition to a great charcuterie board.  I made mine from scratch using self-preserved grape leaves right off of my grapevines.  To view the recipe, you may see the post here on my blog Parsimonious Pabulum.  There is also a video.


  


Add all the yummy elements and add a garnish such as a grapevine as I’ve done, or even flowers!!


There you have it!



A simple entertaining idea anyone can put together in about ten minutes' time, and an absolute no-brainer.



You can see me put it all together here.  Please be sure to be in full website viewing mode rather than mobile or you may not see the link:



I hope you have had a wonderful and restful weekend!






If you enjoy this post, please visit the archives!  You may also visit my full profile to view my other blogs. Connect with me on my Facebook Page, Parsimonious Décor Darling.   You might like to visit my other blog hubs,

The Marvelous Maison, a lifestyle blog hub and 
Frugal Fab Fashionista, my fashion blog hub. 

Follow me on Pinterest!!  Please be sure to kindly follow the board guidelines!  Thank you!  

Thank you for stopping by! ❤





2 comments:

  1. Goodness my pretty friend. That charcuterie board you created with such delicious food, is truly amazing ! I so enjoyed the video where you show us how to with great detail.
    Wonderful post darling. Please do not disappear con us.
    Have a happy Christmas season.
    Blessings,
    Fabby

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww, thank you, sweet Fabby! So good you are doing well! 😊

      Delete