Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Patriotic Treats

Hello, friends!!  Thank you taking the time to stop by my blog!  We have had a rough week here in California.  If you've been watching the news reports, you know that San Diego has been plagued with terrible fires, and people were forced to evacuate; including my daughter's teacher.  It is really is a shame, and I hope those suffering will turn out okay in the end.

To offer some levity and in honor of the coming Memorial Day weekend, I am going to share one post from my other blog Parsimonious Pabulum, and another from my blog The Crafting Table.  These are among some of the first posts I wrote, and were in honor of Independence Day.  However, these two ideas would also work for Memorial Day.  I hope you enjoy. 



Post courtesy of Parsimonious Pabulum:

Fun 4th Marshmallow Skewers
The 4th of July is the perfect time for an outdoor barbecue with family and friends.  This fun idea is a cute and messy (spoiler alert, you've been warned!!!) way to revamp the old roasted marshmallow. 

You will need:

Rubber gloves
Blue and red food coloring
Wooden skewers
Waxed paper
Large marshmallows 
Ribbon 
A huge sense of humor

Begin by pouring food colors into separate bowls. 

Using a fork, roll the marshmallows in the food coloring. 


Place on the waxed paper and allow to dry. 

You may choose to serve like so,

Or, add ribbon and pre-skewer them. I'd suggest doing so; otherwise, your guests might soil their hands. 
Ralph Lauren Pavilion footed cake plate


I must warn you, your teeth will change colors!!  Think cotton candy teeth on steroids. Lol. My kiddos love it!  :)





Post courtesy of The Crafting Table.

July 4th Mason Jars
The Fourth of July is a holiday I truly enjoy. It's the time of year to celebrate this wonderful country we live in. What better way to show your love of America than to decorate with festive table-top mason jars?

You will need:

Mason jars (available at 99¢ stores)
Fabric in red, white, blue or flag (mine came from Walmart)
Colored candies. ie:  jelly beans, gum balls, or M&Ms
Ribbon
Hot glue gun and glue sticks
Pinking shears

This mason jar is quite simple. Mix your colored candy and pour into the jar. 






Place detachable circle top of mason jar onto the glass. 



Lay your fabric ( approximately 4X4 inch) over the jar. 
Close the other part of your jar over the fabric.  Trim with pinking scissors. 






Dot the rim with a small amount of hot glue. Place ribbon in glue and tie down. All set!!!







There are so many options!  If you like a streamlined look, separate the candy prior to placing it in the jar. 




Or, you can do something completely whimsical and fun such as using mini candy bars.







If you prefer to keep for use year after year, you may do the same with beads, or small bolts of red white and blue fabric inside the jar. 


🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸







If you enjoy this post, please visit the archives!  You may also visit my full profile to view my other blogs. Connect with me on my Facebook Page, Parsimonious Décor Darling.   You might like to visit my other blog hubs,

The Marvelous Maison, a lifestyle blog hub and 
Frugal Fab Fashionista, my fashion blog hub. 

Follow me on Pinterest!!  Please be sure to kindly follow the board guidelines, as it takes time and effort to find fabulous pins across the Internet and Pinterest!  Thank you!  

Thank you for stopping by! ❤

 








2 comments:

  1. I am picturing my silly husband putting those marshmallows on his teeth and running around scaring the grandkids! He's such a big kid at heart! His patients would be scared by his stained teeth the next day, though, so I think he'd better back off of these!!! The marshmallows really look fun on those skewers, though...worth the blue teeth for a few days!

    I really like the idea of the filled Mason jars. They would be terrific for centerpieces/favors.

    I hope you have a safe and very relaxing holiday weekend. Take care!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sounds like my husband! You also have such a sunny disposition! You two must have such fun! :)
      Have a wonderful holiday!

      Delete