Wednesday, December 3, 2014

Farewell to Fall Picnic For Mommy and Me

Hello, friends!! Thank you for stopping by! 

Wow, this time of year is so very busy!!  For me, it's important to unplug sometimes and enjoy the simpler things. Whenever it seems like I've gone ghost here at the Parsimonious house, it's likely because I'm spending time with my little ones (my hubby and I have five!!).   I cherish these moments because time is fleeting, and years turn over so rapidly. 

Today I am sharing a tablescape  a post about a little excursion I took the other day with my little one. These tips can be used for a romantic rendezvous, as well!  I hope you enjoy the post. 

There is something about this time of year isn't there?  So much beauty; the love of our families.  There is magic in the air.  Wanting to enjoy the outdoors, we decided to go on a little picnic. 

I began with my old rustic basket.


A thermos of piping hot water,


followed by my thermos of hot turkey soup went into the basket next.


If you would like the recipe for this soup, you may visit the post on my blog Parsimonious Pabulum by clicking here
 

I baked a large baguette of French sourdough.

Cut the bread into pieces using a bread knife.


Bread knives with serrated edges are the best especially for a crusty bread!  Using this kind of knife allows clean cuts without tearing the bread.


I cut up the full baguette.



To add a touch of charm, I wrapped the little bits in paper.  Of course, the paper was tartan.  :)
If you've been here before, you know I'm just a little obsessed with it.
 

I laid the small "loaf" of bread on the paper, and cut the paper into strips just a little bit smaller than the loaf.



I rolled the bread in the paper, and tied each with hemp thread.
 

Voilà!  You might even garnish these with a sprig of fresh rosemary or thyme!



The remaining bit of green paper was measured,


and cut to size (kind of), becoming a liner upon which to set the bread.


Shown here.


Next, my little one's thermos of soup went into the basket.


Followed by hot chocolate packages.


On the other side of the basket, I added the plates, and used these twiggy wreaths as buffers.


Shown here.


A spoon for the little one came next.


There was no need to add one for mommy, hers was in the lid of the thermos.  ;)


A couple of large mismatched mugs


went into the basket, buffered by a napkin for each of us.
 

The cloth (more tartan, ha) went on last, and we headed out the door.


At the lake.


Look, mommy, ducks!!


All of the elements were placed on the table (along with some rattan chargers and gourds for finesse), and we were ready for lunch!!


Our view.







If you enjoy this post, please visit the archives!  You may also visit my full profile to view my other blogs. Connect with me on my Facebook Page, Parsimonious Décor Darling.   You might like to visit my other blog hubs,

The Marvelous Maison, a lifestyle blog hub and 
Frugal Fab Fashionista, my fashion blog hub. 

Follow me on Pinterest!!  Please be sure to kindly follow the board guidelines, as it takes time and effort to find fabulous pins across the Internet and Pinterest!  Thank you!  

Thank you for stopping by! ❤









2 comments:

  1. Hi there! You set up a really nice picnic for you and your daughter, something that any child would just love to have! It's special when you get to eat outside, when you get to eat out of a basket, and when you can sip your soup from a cup!

    You have 5 little ones??? Then I'd say a picnic lunch is probably the easiest way to provide a little entertainment, get them all fed, AND keep the kitchen floor clean!

    For this big girl, the view would have been more than enough!!!!! :-) Gorgeous! Happy December to you and your family!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Alycia, you have me pegged!!!! Getting out of the house is good for all those wonderful reasons....winks. Yes, 5! Pretty big family by today's standards, but I'm enjoying it in stride. :)
      Thanks for stopping in!

      Delete