Thursday, December 11, 2014

In the "Throws" of Christmas Preparation

Hello, friends!  Thank you for stopping in to visit my blog.  

What does the Fall/Winter season mean to you?

Is it seeing the joy of your children crunching leaves?  Do you partake and reminisce?



We are in the thick of Fall, it is definitely cooling down.  Here in southern California, we don't get much snow...we may get frost, but that's not usually until it's officially Winter.   I very rarely have to use heavy blankets.  When the temperatures lower, I instead think it is the perfect time to bring out the throws.  Throws, throws, and more throws!

There's something so cozy about a nice throw this time of year.  They are also so versatile!  You can take them outside for a impromptu picnic,




or create a makeshift and comfy reading space.  I typically don't use the wall-mount fireplace in my foyer until it's cold.  Throughout the year, I have these embellished candles placed inside.



Closeup.


Now that it is colder, this space becomes a cozy spot to relax and read, just by lighting my gel fireglow canisters and placing a warm throw.






I found this throw just recently at HomeGoods and I love it because of the cable-knit similar to some of my favorite sweaters.  I also love the neutral color.


Throws can be laid across a comfy slipper chair,


as a footer on your bed,
View Post 


or across a couch!


Love the Scandinavian flair of this one!  Perfect for my quasi-lodge Christmas décor this year!



Or, place them next to the fireplace ready for anyone to enjoy.



I am also in the throes of Christmas decorating. I finally have our tree up, thank goodness, but it's not yet decorated...here's a sneak-peek.


Whew!!  That took some doing, so now it's time to relax.  There's nothing like a cozy throw, a great read, and snuggly socks at the end of a long day.  What do you like to read?  I like to read whenever time permits, and most of the time, honestly, it is a fashion or design magazine or book I am thumbing through.



Of fashion and decorating books, this is one of my favorite publications!  Vogue Living:  Houses, Gardens, and People is chock-full of beautiful photographs.  The photos chronicle the homes and gardens from style makers such as Oscar (RIP) and Annette de la Renta, Gianni Versace (RIP), Christian Louboutin, Karl Lagerfeld, Donna Karan, Manolo Blahnik, Tory Burch, Carolyne Roehm, Bruce Weber, Isabella Rossellini, Madonna and Guy Richie (now not married, marriage RIP) and many, many more, all excerpted from the past pages of Vogue.  Supported and foreword-written by Calvin Klein, how can you go wrong!?  Two of my favorite things; a good read and beautiful pics......the best!


Happy shopping and decorating!  Until next time.......


From my collection:

Cable-knit throw, Ralph Lauren, HomeGoods
Cashmere throw on slipper chair, Restoration Hardware, gifted to us
Grey throw as bed footer, Ralph Lauren, From the RL Store
Scandinavian style throw, Ralph Lauren, HomeGoods
My fave black and red wellies, Kate Spade “Randi”


If you enjoy this post, please visit the archives!  You may also visit my full profile to view my other blogs. Connect with me on my Facebook Page, Parsimonious Décor Darling.   You might like to visit my other blog hubs,

The Marvelous Maison, a lifestyle blog hub and 
Frugal Fab Fashionista, my fashion blog hub. 

Follow me on Pinterest!!  Please be sure to kindly follow the board guidelines, as it takes time and effort to find fabulous pins across the Internet and Pinterest!  Thank you!  

Thank you for stopping by! ❤

No comments:

Post a Comment