Monday, December 22, 2014

Five Simple Gift-Wrapping Tips and Ideas




Hello, friends!!  Thank you so much for stopping by my blog today!

Have you finished up your shopping?  If you are like me, it's down to the last minute, lol.  We have just finished up our shopping, and now it's time to get everything wrapped.  Today's post will feature five simple ideas to make your gift wrapping not only unique, but memorable as well!


I.  Who Says You Need So Much Tape?
To give my presents a streamlined, seamless look, I often omit tape almost completely and choose to make an invisible closure.  This technique works best with wired ribbon.  To create an invisible closure, lay your present face-down onto your wrapping paper.  Tape your ribbon onto your box, which will be the bottom of your gift.  Cut your wrapping paper large enough so that it will overlap the ribbon.
 
 
Turn present, creasing ribbon along the box as you go to keep it in place.


When you are on the underside of the present once again, trim the ribbon, leaving enough excess to fold over (or underneath) the paper.


Like so.


Now, using an adhesive roller


or glue stick, glue the paper down.


Press.


You should now have a seamless closure on the underside of your gift.  No visible tape!



II.  Make Your Own Unique Wrapping Paper!
There's nothing like making something that is uniquely yours.  To accomplish this, start with plain brown wrapping paper.  Make it your own by using an inkpad and stamper, or imprint a pattern onto the paper using paint.  Here, I've used a section of an egg carton to dot white paint onto the paper.

 

To make a soft effect emulating snowfall, while the paint was still semi-wet, I used a paper towel to gently smear the paint.



III.  Embellishments Are Key!
Don't be afraid to embellish, embellish, embellish!!  I find The 99¢ Store and Dollar Tree to be wonderful resources when finding items to decorate with.  For instance, one stem costing $1 can be clipped and separated into several pieces for several gifts!



For example:



There are also single items that make great embellishments, such as this star ornament.  Just hot glue onto your present.  These are also great because they are easily removed, and can be reused!




IV.  Use Contrasting Ribbon!
The use of two different ribbons rather than one is another excellent way to give your gifts dimension.
      
Here, I've used one wide wired ribbon and combined it with a smaller thin ribbon.



Another example.  This almost reminds me of the Gucci boxes back in the 80's era, ha, though it wasn't my intent, you get the gist.



V.  Bring Out The Bows!
Bows, bows, and more bows.  Here, a simple transparent ribbon becomes elegant.  To view the tutorial to tie this bow, you may do so in the archives here.




I hope everyone is having a wonderful and blessed holiday!





If you enjoy this post, please visit the archives!  You may also visit my full profile to view my other blogs. Connect with me on my Facebook Page, Parsimonious Décor Darling.   You might like to visit my other blog hubs,

The Marvelous Maison, a lifestyle blog hub and 
Frugal Fab Fashionista, my fashion blog hub. 

Follow me on Pinterest!!  Please be sure to kindly follow the board guidelines, as it takes time and effort to find fabulous pins across the Internet and Pinterest!  Thank you!  

Thank you for stopping by! ❤



5 comments:

  1. Beautiful packages. Merry Christmas! xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your gift wrapping sweetie, you are clever and I'm keeping this post, even for regular gift wrapping!
    Thanka for your sweet visit, hope you are having a lovely Christmas Day.
    xo
    FABBY

    ReplyDelete